Friday 6 April 2012

The one where my stepdaughter taught me something I really ought to have known.

I had one of those found-out-as-an-adult-slightly-changed-my-childhood-revelations yesterday. My stepdaughter told me something I really think I ought to have known.

(This wasn't like the crushing disillusionment I have had in the past. I mean, it was a good thing, nothing like finding out about Kenneth Hutch. Shudder.).


It turns out that this lovely lady had a name.



Mammy Two Shoes.

I know that there are shadows of racism hovering over the character now, but this isn't about that. This is about finding out that a character I knew and liked had an actual name. Which my stepdaughter just told me. Which I really ought to have known - Tom and Jerry is totally more my generation than hers.

But yeay, now I know. Have one back, childhood me.


No comments:

Post a Comment