Friday 22 June 2012

More gross for you, but different gross today. You're welcome.

So I have these fuzzy black dots that float around in front of my left eye, lovely. I went to one eye doctor a couple of months ago, but after half an hour of tests and chitty chat, it turns out that he didn't believe what I was saying. To the extent that I got my husband to call him later that day and talk to him. He admitted on the phone to my husband that he thought I was lying. All of this, by the way, is a bit of a challenge in another language, anything medical gets really really hard very technical fast. 

Anyway, I was a little surprised that an actual honest-to-goodness doctor would be such an asshat. But there you go. So this time around I took my mother-in-law with me in case the new eye doctor was mean and I burst in to little girly sobs grown up and justified tears of frustration. Plus she has been going to him for something like 43 years, so I felt pretty safe.

He is awesome, knew exactly what I was talking about and can't help. So we talked contact lenses instead. And now I am trying them, which with the eye poking is pretty gross in itself. The reason he can't help is that the only way to get rid of these fuzzy black things is to empty all the liquid out of the eyeball.. 


..then scrape the inside clean before refilling it with eyeball juice. 

That is your gross for today.

You are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment